One of the major goals of the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) is to identify opportunities for minority students. NABA achieves this goal through its annual regional conferences.
Although the primary thrust of the conference's objective is job opportunities, there are other benefits associated with your attendance. This year's conference, as in past years, will offer seminars and workshops designed to enhance your communicative and interpersonal skills and provide tools that will allow for a smoother transition into the professional environment. The conference will also offer the optimum forum to interact with students from other colleges and universities.
The objectives of the regional student conference are as follows:
- To encourage student involvement in NABA and to assist in the development of leadership skills
- To provide an opportunity for students and professionals to share their goals and objectives
- To augment students' skills and expand their knowledge through challenging seminars
- To provide a forum to discuss student issues and to present positive alternative resolutions
- To provide a cost-effective method for corporations to interview qualified minority students
- To provide an opportunity for students to interview for entry-level positions and internships
PLEASE NOTE: National student membership dues are not included in the conference
registration fees. Student membership dues of $20.00 must be remitted directly to the National office.
West Coast Conference -
October 9-11, 2014
Sheraton Gateway Hotel (Los Angeles, California)
17th Annual West Coast Western Region Student Conference
Phone: (310) 642-1111 ? Hotel Reservations: 888-627-7104
6101 West Century Boulevard ? Los Angeles, CA 90045
- October 16-18, 2014
The Westin Dallas Fort/Worth Airport Hotel (Irving, Texas)
35th Annual Southwest Western Region Student Conference
4545 W. John Carpenter Freeway ? Irving, TX 75063
Phone: 972-929-4500 ? Hotel Reservations: 888-627-8617